Business Resource Center
The resource center provides you with access to tools and information to help you best manage your business. Take advantage of our in-depth content, weekly business columns/blogs, tools, industry solutions, and much more to grow your business.
Healthcare: A Basic Guide to Coverage
Small-business owners seeking to provide some degree of healthcare benefits to their employees have a big job ahead of them. Besides making room in the budget for the expenses associated with insurance programs, they also must decide exactly what products will best fit their companies' unique needs.
The chapters in this section represent a healthcare primer. Besides taking a hard look at why health benefits are critical to both owners and employees, these articles offer a wealth of information on the healthcare reform law, general coverage, group insurance, disability, special programs and much more.
- Healthcare Overview: Options and Resources – This article examines the "why" behind offering insurance options, available programs and where to find help.
- The Affordable Care Act – This article explains the different employer health insurance requirements and programs included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as "Obamacare."
- Employer-Sponsored Health Plan Options – In this article, you will find several healthcare plans options available to small businesses.
- Why Employers need to know about the SHOP(Small Business Health Options Program) – With Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP), it will help you find you the right and affordable coverage for your small business employees.
- Dental Vision Plans (Was special plans) – Dental and visions plans offer additional coverage and savings on top of your current medical healthcare plan.
- Providing for the Future – Disability and life insurance programs can be confusing. This article provides a concise rundown of resources to help clarify the matter.
- Assistance for Lower Income Workers – This chapter discusses premium assistance for lower-income workers under the healthcare reform law, as well as patient assistance programs, HSAs and more.